- iOS, upgradable to iOS 4.2.1 412 MHz ARM 11
- Memory 8/16 GB, 128 MB RAM
- Camera 2 MP
- Battery Non-removable Li-Ion battery
Apple iPhone 3G is an iOS, upgradable to iOS 4.2.1 smartphone announced by Apple in 2008, June. Released 2008, July. It’s a [3G/4G] supported, Mini-SIM phone which comes in 3.5 inches (~50.9% screen-to-body ratio) and 115.5 x 62.1 x 12.3 mm (4.55 x 2.44 x 0.48 in) with 320 x 480 pixels (~165 ppi pixel density) and TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors.
Some other notable features of Apple iPhone 3G are Accelerometer, proximity Sensors. Apple iPhone 3G Built in running OS is iOS, upgradable to iOS 4.2.1 and it’s powered with 412 MHz ARM 11 while internal/external memory of the phone stands at 412 MHz ARM 11 8/16 GB, 128 MB RAM (some GBs will be consumed by pre installed Apps and OS so available space would be less than stated memory) however user can upgrade internal memory by inserting into the device.
When comes to the camera, Apple iPhone 3G features 2 MP on the back with 412 MHz ARM 11 options whereas the front selfie camera is No . Battery of the phone is Non-removable Li-Ion battery
Apple iPhone 3G comes in various colors like Black(8/16 GB), White (16 GB) . You can find here detailed Apple iPhone 3G specification following with video reviews, Classified Ads and price in Pakistan from online and offline stores. You can also explore the user’s review tab to get an idea about the opinions of other users of this Model while we also encourage you to give your valuable review of the model if you have own experience of using Apple iPhone 3G for other members.
- Announced 2008, June. Released 2008, July
- Status Discontinued
- Technology GSM / HSPA
- 2G GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
- Speed HSPA
- GPRS Yes
- Edge Yes
- Dimensions 115.5 x 62.1 x 12.3 mm (4.55 x 2.44 x 0.48 in)
- Weight 133 g (4.69 oz)
- SIM Mini-SIM
- Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 3.5 inches (~50.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 320 x 480 pixels (~165 ppi pixel density)
- Multitouch Yes
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass, oleophobic coating
- OS iOS, upgradable to iOS 4.2.1
- CPU 412 MHz ARM 11
- GPU PowerVR MBX
- Card Slot No
- Internal 8/16 GB, 128 MB RAM
- Primary 2 MP
- Video No
- Secondary No
- Alert types Vibration, proprietary ringtones
- Loudspeaker Voice 66dB / Noise 62dB / Ring 71dB
- 3.5mm Jack Yes
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
- Bluetooth v2.0, A2DP (headset support only)
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS
- Radio No
- USB v2.0
- Sensors Accelerometer, proximity
- Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS(threaded view), Email
- Browser HTML (Safari)
- Java No
- Battery Non-removable Li-Ion battery
- Stand-by Up to 300 h
- Talk time Up to 10 h
- Colors Black(8/16 GB), White (16 GB)
- SAR US 0.52 W/kg (head) 1.29 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU 0.56 W/kg (head) 0.23 W/kg (body)
- Price group 2/10 (About 90 EUR)
Pros & Cons of Apple iPhone 3G
- 3G Enabled Handsets give you more download speed and a faster internet experience.
- Front camera Front Camera enables you to take your own photos and do videocalling (on supported devices).
- Card Slot Memory cards give your device more storage capacity. So you can store more data such as songs, photos and videos.
- Accelerometer Detects motion as well as the orientation of a device (horizontally or vertically).
- Single Sim You wont be able to use two sims at the same time in one cellphone
- Small Screen Size Small screen sizes makes it hard to enjoy watching movies or reading
- Older OS makes it tough to install latest app updates
- Less storage means you can not keep more data and cann't install more or heavy apps (MB's)
- Less RAM means you can't run multiple functions at the same time with smooth speed
- Camera Not suitable for taking high resolution photos.
- Less battery time means that you would have to plugin charger sooner then you expec
- Not having a 4G , is a big disadvantage in these days if you prefer to stay connected on the go