- watchOS 1.0, upgradable to v2.2, planned upgrade to v3.0 520 MHz
- Memory 8 GB, 512 MB RAM
Apple Watch Edition 42mm is an watchOS 1.0, upgradable to v2.2, planned upgrade to v3.0 smartphone announced by Apple in 2014, September. It’s a [3G/4G] supported, No phone which comes in 1.65 inches (~56.8% screen-to-body ratio) and 42 x 35.9 x 10.5 mm (1.65 x 1.41 x 0.41 in) with 390 x 312 pixels (~303 ppi pixel density) and AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors.
Some other notable features of Apple Watch Edition 42mm are Accelerometer, gyro, heart rate Sensors. Apple Watch Edition 42mm Built in running OS is watchOS 1.0, upgradable to v2.2, planned upgrade to v3.0 and it’s powered with 520 MHz while internal/external memory of the phone stands at 520 MHz 8 GB, 512 MB RAM (some GBs will be consumed by pre installed Apps and OS so available space would be less than stated memory) however user can upgrade internal memory by inserting into the device.
When comes to the camera, Apple Watch Edition 42mm features on the back with 520 MHz options whereas the front selfie camera is . Battery of the phone is Non-removable Li-Ion 250 mAh battery (0.94 Wh)
Apple Watch Edition 42mm comes in various colors like 18-karat Rose Gold/White, Midnight Blue Buckle 18-karat Yellow Gold/Black, Black Buckle . You can find here detailed Apple Watch Edition 42mm specification following with video reviews, Classified Ads and price in Pakistan from online and offline stores. You can also explore the user’s review tab to get an idea about the opinions of other users of this Model while we also encourage you to give your valuable review of the model if you have own experience of using Apple Watch Edition 42mm for other members.
- Announced 2014, September
- Status Available. Released 2015, July
- Technology No cellular connectivity
- 2G N/A
- GPRS No
- Edge No
- Dimensions 42 x 35.9 x 10.5 mm (1.65 x 1.41 x 0.41 in)
- Weight 69 g body (3.53 oz)
- SIM No
- Build 18-karat yellow/rose gold case, ceramic back
- Type AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 1.65 inches (~56.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 390 x 312 pixels (~303 ppi pixel density)
- Multitouch Yes
- Protection Sapphire crystal glass
- OS watchOS 1.0, upgradable to v2.2, planned upgrade to v3.0
- Chipset Apple S1
- CPU 520 MHz
- GPU PowerVR SGX543
- Card Slot No
- Internal 8 GB, 512 MB RAM
- Alert types Vibration; Ringtones
- Loudspeaker Yes
- 3.5mm Jack No
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.0, LE
- GPS No
- NFC Yes
- Radio No
- USB No
- Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, heart rate
- Messaging SMS(threaded view), Email, Push Mail, IM
- Browser No
- Java No
- Battery Non-removable Li-Ion 250 mAh battery (0.94 Wh)
- Stand-by Up to 22 h (mixed usage)
- Talk time Up to 3 h 40 min
- Colors 18-karat Rose Gold/White, Midnight Blue Buckle 18-karat Yellow Gold/Black, Black Buckle
- Price group 10/10 (About 13000 EUR)
Pros & Cons of Apple Watch Edition 42mm
- Card Slot Memory cards give your device more storage capacity. So you can store more data such as songs, photos and videos.
- Accelerometer Detects motion as well as the orientation of a device (horizontally or vertically).
- Gyroscope Determines orientation and rotation and provides more accurate 3D motion tracking than an accelerometer.
- Single Sim You wont be able to use two sims at the same time in one cellphone
- Small Screen Size Small screen sizes makes it hard to enjoy watching movies or reading
- Older OS makes it tough to install latest app updates
- Less storage means you can not keep more data and cann't install more or heavy apps (MB's)
- Less RAM means you can't run multiple functions at the same time with smooth speed
- Less battery time means that you would have to plugin charger sooner then you expec
- Not having a 4G , is a big disadvantage in these days if you prefer to stay connected on the go
- 3G Not having a 3G, is a big disadvantage in these days if you prefer to stay connected on the go.