- Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) Quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A7
- 16 GB, 1 GB RAM 64/128 GB ROM
- 2 MP 8 MP (Front)
- Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) Non-removable Li-Po 3800 mAh battery
- Announced 2014, February
- Status Available. Released 2014, March
- Technology No cellular connectivity
- 2G N/A
- GPRS No
- Edge No
- Dimensions 200.3 x 136.3 x 8 mm (7.89 x 5.37 x 0.31 in)
- Weight 313 g (11.04 oz)
- SIM No
- Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 7.85 inches (~69.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 768 x 1024 pixels (~163 ppi pixel density)
- Multitouch Yes
- OS Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Chipset Allwinner A31
- CPU Quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A7
- Card Slot microSD, up to 32 GB (dedicated slot)
- Internal 16 GB, 1 GB RAM
- Primary 2 MP
- Video Yes
- Secondary VGA
- Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
- Loudspeaker Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack Yes
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth Yes
- GPS No
- Radio No
- USB microUSB v2.0
- Sensors Accelerometer, gyro
- Messaging Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser HTML
- Java No
- Battery Non-removable Li-Po 3800 mAh battery
- Talk time Up to 7 h (multimedia)
- Colors Silver
- Price group 3/10 (About 120 EUR)
HP 8 is an Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) smartphone announced by HP in 2014, February. It’s a [3G/4G] supported, No phone which comes in 7.85 inches (~69.9% screen-to-body ratio) and 200.3 x 136.3 x 8 mm (7.89 x 5.37 x 0.31 in) with 768 x 1024 pixels (~163 ppi pixel density) and IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors . Some other notable features of HP 8 are Accelerometer, gyro Sensors.
HP 8 Built in running OS is Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) and it’s powered with Quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A7 while internal/external memory of the phone stands at Quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A7 16 GB, 1 GB RAM (some GBs will be consumed by pre installed Apps and OS so available space would be less than stated memory) however user can upgrade internal memory by inserting into the device.
When comes to the camera, HP 8 features 2 MP on the back with Quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A7 options whereas the front selfie camera is VGA . Battery of the phone is Non-removable Li-Po 3800 mAh battery.
HP 8 comes in various colors like Silver . You can find here detailed HP 8 specification following with video reviews, Classified Ads and price in Pakistan from online and offline stores. You can also explore the user’s review tab to get an idea about the opinions of other users of this Model while we also encourage you to give your valuable review of the model if you have own experience of using HP 8 for other members.
Pros & Cons of HP 8
- Front camera Front Camera enables you to take your own photos and do videocalling (on supported devices).
- Card Slot Memory cards give your device more storage capacity. So you can store more data such as songs, photos and videos.
- Accelerometer Detects motion as well as the orientation of a device (horizontally or vertically).
- Gyroscope Determines orientation and rotation and provides more accurate 3D motion tracking than an accelerometer.
- Single Sim You wont be able to use two sims at the same time in one cellphone
- Small Screen Size Small screen sizes makes it hard to enjoy watching movies or reading
- Older OS makes it tough to install latest app updates
- Less storage means you can not keep more data and cann't install more or heavy apps (MB's)
- Less RAM means you can't run multiple functions at the same time with smooth speed
- Camera Not suitable for taking high resolution photos.
- Less battery time means that you would have to plugin charger sooner then you expec
- Not having a 4G , is a big disadvantage in these days if you prefer to stay connected on the go
- 3G Not having a 3G, is a big disadvantage in these days if you prefer to stay connected on the go.