So basically, there are so many apps available on Google Play Store that are specifically designed for Android such as Messaging apps, various Launchers, Calls and Messages blocking apps, Phone dialer apps, Calendar apps and so on.
There are so many reasons that a person wants to install these apps in his/her phone for example, if someone doesn’t like the launcher that came pre-installed in his device. Some devices actually comes packed with no File Manager app, so you will definitely look for an app to download for your device that doesn’t collect user’s data secretly or doesn’t ask for permissions that it actually doesn’t require to work smoothly in Android devices.
Here, I would like to add my personal experience with those ‘Suspicious’ apps that can actually harm your device. I bought a new Cell phone and didn’t find a pre-installed File Manager app from the company, in my device. Hence, I started looking for apps that were available to download.
So, I installed an app that I thought would be compatible, which will work perfectly fine with my device. After the download was complete, I opened the app and the first message that appeared on my screen was “The name of an App and Stop Working” before downloading this app my device was working absolutely fine.
What happened afterwards, is a long story. I suddenly started having issues of Lots and lots of Adds Pop-up, battery started draining very fast, device automatically power-off, phone-hanging and of course more junk. Ultimately, I ended it up with the help of ‘Factory Reset’ option.
Now here comes the Google Apps (designed and developed by Google). Google has developed these apps to provide its users with the best of everything whether its a Launcher, Phone Dialer, Camera app, Android Messages app and many more.
Google has created these apps to avoid all the aforementioned issues that a user face while or after downloading an app from other sources. Apps designed by Google are completely secure to download and runs very smoothly with almost no or less lags and bugs. In short, apps developed by Google are more reliable, compatible, easy to understand than other apps that are available to download. We always suggest Cells.pk family (our readers) to only use reliable apps and to stay away from the ‘real culprit’ apps to avoid any harm or inconvenience. Today we are going to share 14 apps that are all designed and developed by Google. Lets get started:
1. Google Now Launcher:
Google Now Launcher by Google is an app that allow users to upgrade their boring old launcher with a fast and clean home screen that puts Google Now just a swipe away. This app is available for all devices running Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or higher.
- Quick access to Search for anything from every Home screen
- Swipe right from your Home screen to see Google Now cards that bring you just the accurate information, at just the right time
- A to Z apps list, with fast scrolling and quick searching of apps on your device and the Play Store
- App Suggestions
- Say “Ok Google” to search with your voice, or tell your phone what to do: set an alarm, send a text message, get directions, play a song, and much more
2. Android Messages:
On number two we have Android Messages by Google. Hey, make it easy to communicate with your friends, family and loved-ones by using this (SMS, MMS, and more) app. This app is supported on devices running Android 4.4 Kitkat or above. With Android Messages you can easily:
- Stay in touch with everyone
- Send Group Texts
- Share your favourite photos, audio messages and videos
- Search through conversation threads and contacts to find exactly what you are looking for
- More Control: Block people you don’t want to get in touch with.
- With a whole new colourful intuitive design, make your conversations more faster and interesting
Update your Phone app for your Android 6.0 or newer gadget to improve your calling experience and to gain control over calls with features like Spam Protection, Caller ID, Google Duo Video Calling and many more. This app is supported with Android devices running 6.0 or up.
- Google Duo Video Calls
- Spam Protection
- Call Blocking
- Caller ID
- Nearby Places: Just find and call places right from your search bar in your Phone app
- Visual Voicemail: Check your messages without having to call voicemail, view playback and trash them right from your Phone app and download audio to your device.
4. Google Chrome: Fast & Secure:
Google Chrome: Fast & Secure is an easy to use and of course a very secure browser. Chrome brings you personalized content (of your interest), quick links to your favourite or most visited sites, Google Search, Download and Google Translate are already built-in.
- Incognito Mode
- Browse fast, type less
- Sync Chrome across devices
- Personalized contect just one tap away
- Protect your device with Google Safe Browsing feature
- Fast downloads, offline videos and web pages mode
- Google Voice Search
- Google Translate (built-in): Quickly translates entire web pages
- Save Mobile Data Mode
- Smart personalized recommendations
5. Datally: mobile data-saving and WiFi app by Google:
Save your mobile data with Datally, a mobile data-manager that helps you save, monitor and gain control of your data. The app requires Android version 5.0 or up to install.
- Data Saver
- Data Saver Bubble
- Personalized recommendations
- Data-usage metrics
- WI-FI Finder
6. Files Go by Google: Free up space on your phone:
What is Files Go Files Go is a new storage manager that allow users to free up space on their devices. It also helps in finding important files faster and share them offline easily with others. This app supports Android devices running 5.0 or above.
- Check your device storage
- Free up more space
- Smart recommendations
- Find files faster
- Encrypted File Sharing option
- Share files offline mode
- Backup files to the Cloud
- Effective, Efficient storage management
7. Find My Device:
Misplaced your Android wear device or phone? Not an issue anymore! As now you can easily locate your lost Android device with a new and improved Android Device Manager called Find My Devicethat actually helps keep your information safe and sound. This app supports Android devices running Android 4.0 or above.
- Play a sound: Find my device helps you locate your device when it’s close by
- Lock, erase or show a message: Secure your device remotely and help someone get in touch
Wallpapers by Google is an app that actually enables you to give a whole new look to your device everyday. With this app you can:
- Choose your own picture to set as wallpaper
- You can also choose an image from Google Earth collection section
- Or select a scenic landscape from Google+
You can change your wallpaper as often as you like. The app requires Android version 4.1 and up for downloading.
- Collection that keeps on growing: As mentioned earlier access wallpapers from Google+, Google Earth and others
- Double Fun: Show one wallpaper on your lock screen and set another one on your home screen (This option requires Android 7.0 Nougat or above)
- A new day – A new theme: Select your favorite category and you will get a new wallpaper each day
9. Gboard – The Google Keyboard with “Pro Tips”:
Gboard – The Google Keyboard has everything you want in a keyboard. For instance, it’s fast and reliable, it also supports Glide typing, Voice typing and what not! Most of all, no more app switching, just Google it and share right from your keyboard.
- Voice Typing, Glide Typing
- Search and Share (no more app switching. All you have to do is just press the ‘G’ to search and share right from your keyboard for anything you want to look for from Google. You can also search all these things:
- Nearby Restaurants or Stores
- News Articles
- Weather Forecasts
- Sports Scores or any other thing
- Gboard also offers a wide variety of Emojis / Emoji Search
- It also supports Multilingual Typing, Google Translate with hundreds of Languages
Want to be a Pro with Gboard? Checkout these ‘Pro Tips’ now:
- Make the number row is always available (Go to Settings → Preferences → Number Row)
- Symbols hints: Show quick hints on your keys to access symbols with a long press (Go to Settings → Preferences → Long press for symbols)
- Gesture cursor control: Slide your finger across the spacebar to move the cursor for editing or adding text
- Gesture delete: Slide left from the delete key to quickly delete multiple words and sentences
- One handed mode: On large screen phones, pin keyboard to the left or the right of the screen according to your choice and convenience
- Themes: Choose your own theme, with or without key borders between (Beautiful sceneries or Solid colours)
10. Google Earth:
Have you ever thought of gaining a new perspective of the world with just exploring the globe with a swipe of a finger? Well Google Earthcan do this for you. The app requires Android version 4.1 or up for downloading.
With Google Earth you can:
- Fly through Landmarks or cities like Tokyo, China or maybe Rome in stunning 3D
- You can also explore the world from a new point of view with Voyager, that actually brings you one of a kind experiences from BBC Earth, NASA, Sesame Street and many more.
11. Google Maps – Navigation & Transit:
Are you going somewhere? Cool, Go with Maps. With Maps you can:
- Get to your destination faster with real-time updates
- Discover places and explore like a pro
- Offline maps to search, get directions and use navigation without an internet connection
- Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
- Maps and Transit Schedules for over 15,000 cities
Click the links given below to be a pro:
12. Google News and Weather:
With Google News and Weather get personalised view of headline stories, weather and local news. The app requires Android Version 4.0 and up for downloading.
Want to be a Pro:
- With Headlines carousel: quickly browse headlines, tap to read, swipe to read next
- Simple swipe-access to categories like Top Stories, Technology, Sports & Weather
- Tap any story for a deep selection of viewpoints, including in-depth articles, local perspectives and Opinions
- Tune your layout with any of 60 country-specific editions, homescreen widgets and personalised news sections such as NASA, Fashion, Favourite Recipes or anything else that catches your fancy
13. Google Photos:
Google Photos, a new photo Gallery by Google is actually made for the way we take photos today. An app which is as smart as you. Now find and share your photos faster as Google Photos takes the responsibility to automatically back up and organize them.
- Unlimited Space
- Free Up Space
- Visual Search
- Advanced Editing tools
- Smart Automatic Albums
- Send photos in seconds
- Shared Libraries: Grant a trusted person access to your photos
- Rediscover photos
- Cast: View your photos & videos with chromecast support
14. Google Allo:
Google Allo is a smart messaging app that helps you ‘say and do’ more. Express yourself with Stickers, Smart Replies, HUGE collection of Emojis or text. Most of all, Allo brings you the Google Assistant. The app requires Android version 4.1 or up for downloading.
- Smart Replies
- Incognito mode for chats
- Ink: Send photos by doodling them or adding text
- Shout or Whisper: No more typing in ALL CAPS. Now say it LOUDER or QUIETER by simply changing the size of your text with a quick swipe
- Meet your Google Assistant: Find nearby Restaurants, Stores, share videos, get answers, right in your conversation with friends. Add @google to your group chat or even chat one-on-one with your Assistant.
That’s all for now, we have covered here few apps designed and developed by Google. Still there’s a huge list to go with and we will surely have another roundup session in near future (which will be especially designed for apps made by Google). In the meantime, please do not forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below if you found this article helpful or let us know which apps from Google you want us to cover in our next Google Apps Roundup Session.
For Suggestions, Queries and Feedback please reach us at
Stay tuned for more interesting topics coming your way!