- Android 7.0 (Nougat) Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)
- Memory 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Camera 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- Battery Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy S8 is an Android 7.0 (Nougat) smartphone announced by Samsung in 2017, March. It’s a [3G/4G] supported, Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) phone which comes in 5.8 inches (~83.6% screen-to-body ratio) and 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm (5.86 x 2.68 x 0.31 in) with 1440 x 2960 pixels (~570 ppi pixel density) and Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors.
Some other notable features of Samsung Galaxy S8 are Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2 Sensors. Samsung Galaxy S8 Built in running OS is Android 7.0 (Nougat) and it’s powered with Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) while internal/external memory of the phone stands at Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) 64 GB, 4 GB RAM (some GBs will be consumed by pre installed Apps and OS so available space would be less than stated memory) however user can upgrade internal memory by inserting into the device.
When comes to the camera, Samsung Galaxy S8 features 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash on the back with Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)1/2.5" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama options whereas the front selfie camera is 8 MP, f/1.7, autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR . Battery of the phone is Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy S8 comes in various colors like Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold . You can find here detailed Samsung Galaxy S8 specification following with video reviews, Classified Ads and price in Pakistan from online and offline stores. You can also explore the user’s review tab to get an idea about the opinions of other users of this Model while we also encourage you to give your valuable review of the model if you have own experience of using Samsung Galaxy S8 for other members.
- Announced 2017, March
- Status Available. Released 2017, April
- Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 66(1700/2100), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
- GPRS Yes
- Edge Yes
- Dimensions 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm (5.86 x 2.68 x 0.31 in)
- Weight 155 g (5.47 oz)
- SIM Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Build Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel
- Others - Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified) - IP68 certified - dust/water proof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Type Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 5.8 inches (~83.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1440 x 2960 pixels (~570 ppi pixel density)
- Multitouch Yes
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Others - 3D Touch (home button only) - Always-on display - TouchWiz UI
- OS Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Chipset Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835
- CPU Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)
- GPU Adreno 540
- Card Slot microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM model
- Internal 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Primary 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- Features 1/2.5" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- Video 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, HDR, dual-video rec
- Secondary 8 MP, f/1.7, autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR
- Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
- Loudspeaker Yes
- 3.5mm Jack Yes
- Others - 32-bit/384kHz audio - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC Yes
- Radio No
- USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- Browser HTML5
- Java No
- Others - Samsung DeX (desktop experience support) - Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0) - Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent) - ANT+ support - S-Voice natural language commands and dictation - MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player - MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player - Photo/video editor - Document editor
- Battery Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Talk time Up to 20 h (3G)
- Music play Up to 67 h
- Colors Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold
- Price group About 700 EUR
Pros & Cons of Samsung Galaxy S8
- Dual Sim It allows you to use two services without the need to carry two mobile phones at the same time.
- Latest OS Latest OS makes it easy to install more recent apps and updates.
- 4G Enabled Handsets give you more download speed and a faster internet experience than 3G.
- Front camera Front Camera enables you to take your own photos and do videocalling (on supported devices).
- Card Slot Memory cards give your device more storage capacity. So you can store more data such as songs, photos and videos.
- Accelerometer Detects motion as well as the orientation of a device (horizontally or vertically).
- Gyroscope Determines orientation and rotation and provides more accurate 3D motion tracking than an accelerometer.
- Fingerprint You can use fingerprint sensor to quickly unlock your phone using your finger.
- Small Screen Size Small screen sizes makes it hard to enjoy watching movies or reading
- Less storage means you can not keep more data and cann't install more or heavy apps (MB's)
- Less RAM means you can't run multiple functions at the same time with smooth speed
- Camera Not suitable for taking high resolution photos.
- Less battery time means that you would have to plugin charger sooner then you expec