- Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb), upgradable to v3.2 (Honeycomb) Dual-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A9
- 8/16/32 GB, 1 GB RAM 64/128 GB ROM
- 5 MP, autofocus 8 MP (Front)
- Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb), upgradable to v3.2 (Honeycomb) Non-removable Li-Ion battery
- Announced 2010, June. Released 2011, July
- Status Discontinued
- Technology GSM / HSPA
- 2G GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
- Speed HSPA 7.2/2 Mbps
- GPRS No
- Edge No
- Dimensions 273 x 177 x 16 mm (10.75 x 6.97 x 0.63 in)
- Weight 725 g (1.60 lb)
- SIM Mini-SIM
- Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 10.1 inches (~61.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1280 x 800 pixels (~149 ppi pixel density)
- Multitouch Yes
- OS Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb), upgradable to v3.2 (Honeycomb)
- Chipset Nvidia Tegra 2 T20
- CPU Dual-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A9
- GPU ULP GeForce
- Card Slot SD, up to 32 GB
- Internal 8/16/32 GB, 1 GB RAM
- Primary 5 MP, autofocus
- Video Yes
- Secondary 2 MP
- Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
- Loudspeaker Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack Yes
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth Yes
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS
- Radio No
- USB miniUSB v2.0, USB v2.0
- Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, compass
- Messaging Email, Push Mail, IM
- Browser HTML5, Adobe Flash
- Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
- Battery Non-removable Li-Ion battery
- Talk time Up to 7 h
- Colors Black
- Price group 7/10 (About 300 EUR)
Toshiba Thrive is an Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb), upgradable to v3.2 (Honeycomb) smartphone announced by Toshiba in 2010, June. Released 2011, July. It’s a [3G/4G] supported, Mini-SIM phone which comes in 10.1 inches (~61.2% screen-to-body ratio) and 273 x 177 x 16 mm (10.75 x 6.97 x 0.63 in) with 1280 x 800 pixels (~149 ppi pixel density) and IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors . Some other notable features of Toshiba Thrive are Accelerometer, gyro, compass Sensors.
Toshiba Thrive Built in running OS is Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb), upgradable to v3.2 (Honeycomb) and it’s powered with Dual-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A9 while internal/external memory of the phone stands at Dual-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A9 8/16/32 GB, 1 GB RAM (some GBs will be consumed by pre installed Apps and OS so available space would be less than stated memory) however user can upgrade internal memory by inserting into the device.
When comes to the camera, Toshiba Thrive features 5 MP, autofocus on the back with Dual-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A9 options whereas the front selfie camera is 2 MP . Battery of the phone is Non-removable Li-Ion battery.
Toshiba Thrive comes in various colors like Black . You can find here detailed Toshiba Thrive specification following with video reviews, Classified Ads and price in Pakistan from online and offline stores. You can also explore the user’s review tab to get an idea about the opinions of other users of this Model while we also encourage you to give your valuable review of the model if you have own experience of using Toshiba Thrive for other members.
Pros & Cons of Toshiba Thrive
- 3G Enabled Handsets give you more download speed and a faster internet experience.
- Front camera Front Camera enables you to take your own photos and do videocalling (on supported devices).
- Card Slot Memory cards give your device more storage capacity. So you can store more data such as songs, photos and videos.
- Accelerometer Detects motion as well as the orientation of a device (horizontally or vertically).
- Gyroscope Determines orientation and rotation and provides more accurate 3D motion tracking than an accelerometer.
- Single Sim You wont be able to use two sims at the same time in one cellphone
- Small Screen Size Small screen sizes makes it hard to enjoy watching movies or reading
- Older OS makes it tough to install latest app updates
- Less storage means you can not keep more data and cann't install more or heavy apps (MB's)
- Less RAM means you can't run multiple functions at the same time with smooth speed
- Camera Not suitable for taking high resolution photos.
- Less battery time means that you would have to plugin charger sooner then you expec
- Not having a 4G , is a big disadvantage in these days if you prefer to stay connected on the go