How to report Your lost or Stolen Mobile Phones in Pakistan?Published On:
With the passage of time, the use of Smartphones, Internet and Social media has become a fundamental part of our lives. But, what if your mobile device gets stolen or lost as its the only way now-a-days to stay connected and communicate with your loved-ones.
Most importantly, we need to make sure that our lost or stolen devices do not get misused. Hence, the best option is to report your stolen or lost device to CPLC – Citizens-Police Liaison Committee, so that nobody will be able to misuse them.
CPLC has already designed a website that can actually help all Pakistani citizens to verify or get back stolen, lost or snatched mobile devices as the company keeps a record of more than a million IMEI numbers which can easily be accessed via Website.
Unfortunately, if you go through any such unpleasant incident, you can immediately launch a stolen mobile complaint via the website that we have already discussed above and this will surely help to find your stolen phone. There is another way, CPLC mobile block to make the lost, stolen or snatched mobile devices unusable.
In this article, we will briefly discuss all methods with which you can easily block/report your stolen, snatched or lost mobile phone.
Table Of Contents:
- Block or report Mobile via Call Method
- Report/block Mobile via Email
- Block/report Mobile via Fax
- Report/block via CPLC website online
What is IMEI Number Tracking:
In this section, we will tell you what is IMEI number used for. IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity number which is usually unique and helps identify 3GPP and iDEN mobile phones, as well as some satellite devices and phones. Below, you can find complete details on how to receive your device IMEI number via different methods. Please find complete info here:
- IMEI number iPhone: Open Settings > General > About
- IMEI number is also printed on your mobile phone box/device. You can easily check your IMEI number mentioned at the back of your device.
- To know your device IMEI number, you will need to remove back-cover of your device. There you can find device IMEI number (This option is only compatible with removable battery devices)
- IMEI Number Unlock: Dial *#06# to know your device IMEI number
- Check your device IMEI number within the phone. Open Settings > About Phone > Status > IMEI Number
Different ways to launch Mobile Theft Report in Pakistan:
After receiving your 15 digit IMEI number, you can now report your stolen, snatched or lost mobile device by following any of the below mentioned methods:
1. How to block mobile phone in Pakistan:
In this section, we will tell you how to block stolen android phone in Pakistan by Call method. You can easily report your device to PTA, Police or CPLC to block android phones or any other phones by simply dialing the below given phone numbers:
- CPLC (Citizen Police Liaison Committee): 021-35662222
- Lost mobile complaint PTA (Pakistan Telecom Authority): 0800-25625
- Police 15
2. Block Mobile by IMEI number online Pakistan:
You can also report to mobile phone blocking service, via Email method. All you need to do is simply send an Email to[email protected] for IMEI block along with your device IMEI number. This way, your phone will not be usable.
3. Launch Stolen Mobile Complaint via Fax:
You can also report your lost/stolen or snatched mobile phone through Fax. You will need to send a fax along with your IMEI number to CPLC at 021-35683336
4. CPLC Mobile Block Online:
You can also report your lost/stolen mobile to be blocked to CPLC through block mobile by IMEI number online method. To report your lost/snatched device, please follow the steps given below:
- Visit CPLC Official Website
- Open > Mobile phone theft form
- Enter all required details which includes (Personal details, Mobile details and Incident details etc.)
- Click SUBMIT button
- In the next step, you will be informed regarding your report status via Call, Email or Text.
PTA has also introduced DIRBS (Device Identification, Registration and Blocking System) to identify illegal or smuggled mobile devices. You can easily register or verify your mobile phone device through DIRBS verification system. For complete details on how to verify your device with DIRBS please visit here
Stay connected for more updates like this and interesting news.