Now Book Careem Rides with Call/SMS, No Internet requiredPublished On:
Careem has recently introduced Careem On-Call & SMS Service that enable customers to book a ride via Call or SMS to make Careem bike trip for as low as Rs. 25/- Only.
The Service has initially started in Karachi with 10 Pick-Up Points (that are mentioned below) in the very first phase. This service will surely be expended to other areas or locations very soon.
1. How does Careem On-Call/SMS Service Work:
Careem On-Call & SMS Service basically allow users to use their mobile phones to make Calls or send SMS for a Careem Bike Ride (This service is as of now, available at selected locations within the city of Karachi) starting from Rs. 25/- Only.
2. Main Focus Of this Service:
The main focus of Careem On-Call or SMS Service, is to provide the citizens of Pakistan an efficient yet smart transportation solutions, this service is specially designed for customers who may not have a smartphone or have no internet access, specifically on a time when they need to book a ride.
3. Pick-Up Points Where Careem-On Call Service is Operational:
As we have mentioned earlier, that this service is in its initial phases and for now it is only available at the Locations/Pick-up Points that are mentioned below:
- Amna Tower
- Water Pump
- Cantt Station
- Jinnah Hospital
- Millenium Mall
- Teen Talwaar
- Nipa Chowrangi
- University Of Karachi (Maskan Gate)
- Shaheen Complex
- Civic Center
Very soon, more locations/cities will be added to the list. Every single location will have a unique code as mentioned in the picture above, this code will be used to assign a ride to the customer.
4. How to Book Careem On-Call / SMS Rides:
Booking a ride through Careem On-Call & SMS Service has become lot easier. All you need to do is follow the steps given below to book your Careem ride now:
- Simply dial 8990 or send SMS to same number
- You will now, need to tell or type your unique location code
- Once your location is confirmed, you will then instantly receive a text that a Captain is on his/her way to pick you up from the location that you have entered
5. How to Cancel Careem On-Call / SMS Ride:
- If you want to Cancel your Careem Ride for some reason, you can easily do so by simply Calling or Sending a text message again to 8990. You will need to mention that you want to cancel the ride
- That’s it, you ride will immediately be cancelled within no time
Mr Asad Haider; General Manager South, Careem, on the launch event said:
“Pakistan even though has a growing base of internet users but has low smartphone penetration of 30%. Careem On-Call is a big step towards inclusive growth which aims to bring people with limited access to internet or smartphone, into providing easy mobility. We will be creating thousands of pickup points across the Country, where people will be able to book a ride with a simple SMS or a call”
For assistance, please Call Careem Helpline – Lahore: 042 35909393 Karachi: 021 35699275 or send your queries at [email protected]
In our opinion, this is surely another great step taken by the company to achieve yet another milestone as Careem always aim to offer unmatchable services to its customers as compared to other ride-hailing services.
Since, this is an ongoing story, we will keep updating you as soon as we receive any updates regarding this particular topic. Stay tuned!