Facebook now allow users live stream with a friendPublished On:
Facebook on May 24, rolled out a massive update for its users. With the help of this new update the users will easily be able to share their screens with their friends through live stream option.
This feature was already available for the Public figures but from today onwards it is available for general public as well. Although, the company has not announced about the availability of this feature for android users but we can hope that the feature will soon be available for all the android lovers. As of now, the update is available for iOS users only.
According to an official statement from Facebook: “One of the best things about Live is that you can discuss what’s happening in the broadcast in real time. In fact, people comment more than 10 times more on Facebook Live videos than on regular videos. When it comes to compelling public broadcasts — such as a breaking news event, a Q&A with your favorite actor or behind-the-scenes action after a big game — watching with the community and reading comments is an exciting part of the experience. We know sometimes people also want the option to interact with only their friends during a public live broadcast, so we’re rolling out Live Chat With Friends”.
Advantages of this Update:
- The users can jump to public broadcast anytime.
- Live chat with friends feature will let the users invite friends in private chat about a public broadcast.
- The users will be able to share their best moments with their friends.
Facebook also said: “ With Live Chat With Friends, you can be part of big moments with the wider community but also have the option to participate in personal conversations with the people closest to you, directly within the Live experience”.
How to invite a friend into your Live Chat Video:
- Choose a guest from your Live Viewers Section.
- The viewer can then have a choice whether to join you or not.
- You can also choose to go live with your friend in Portrait or Landscape mode.