Zong MBB Device Online Web Portal Service (User Interface) http://192.168.8.1 How to use it?Updated On:
Zong users can now easily access Zong Mobile Internet Broadband Device / Zong MBB Device Portal by connecting their Zong MBB devices via Wifi to Mobile phone / Laptop / PC or by plugging in MBB device through Cable, in next step a portal page will pop-up. Customers can type http://192.168.8.1 in URL in case if they face any delay to access the portal.
- Home Page Details
- Information given on Home Page
- Service Icons
- What is Zong Mobile Broadband MASTER NUMBER
- What is Zong MBB Number
- Bundles Icons
- Recharge Window
- Zong Online Recharge
- Zong WiFi Username and Password Hyperlink
- SMS Menu Info
- Update Menu Option
1) Home Page:
Username / Password details to login MBB device interface:
- To open any of the main or sub menu then customer will need to enter a username/password
- Default username or password for all Zong MBB devices is admin
- To Change your password Go to > Settings > Device Settings
- However, the customer will need to hard reset the device in case if they forgets the modified password
2) Information which is provided on Home Page:
- There is a standard menu bar available on home page providing the details of nine sub menus in online web user interface
- MBB Users can check Signal Strength from signals bar that shows information about the current status of network connectivity & as CONNECTED. When the MBB device is disconnected from Zong Network, no signals wills be displayed and network connection status will show NOT CONNECTED.
- At right top corner, five icons are placed to view the current status of:
- Message inbox,
- Signals strength,
- Internet connectivity,
- WLAN (Wifi) status
- Battery power details
- There are three buttons on home page for device turn ON/OFF, Internet ON/OFF and Wifi Extender ON/OFF respectively
- WLAN status gives information about WLAN status ON/OFF and number of Wifi users currently connected with Zong MBB device
- Current connection details are also visible in middle left side of the home page that shows current data received / sent information in MBs
- From Services icons, users can check balance, usage (data free resources details of current MBB bundle), Update my master number & show my MBB number details. From Bundles icons, user can activate any desired MBB bundle on a single click
- At middle bottom of the page, user can click “here” button to open the page of web interface from where they can easily check/modify Wifi username/password
- From Recharge USSD Applet, customer can enter valid USSD string i.e. *6363#, *101# to get the info and use as per USSD string standard mechanics
- “Now Zong online recharge” button is also available to directly visit Zong online recharge page if balance needs to be updated for package activation
- At the bottom of the page, a new live ticker / ribbon is updated to inform Zong MBB users about latest information & running promotions
3) Service Icons:
- Here is the Window that appears on clicking “Check Balance” Button:
- On clicking “Usage Button” this window will be appeared:
- On pressing “Update my master number” this window will appear:
4) What is Zong Mobile Broadband MASTER NUMBER:
On purchasing any Zong MBB device, Zong representative will ask user for a MASTER NUMBER. This number can be any ZONG number that the subscriber is using on his / her phone or any other mobile operator number in their use.
If you get a ZONG master number, you can perform below mentioned functions on behalf of your ZONG MBB number via this master number.
- Dial *6767# (only from your Zong Master Number)
- Subscribe/change MBB internet packages on your MBB device using Zong Master Number. You should have top-up in your MBB number to subscribe internet packages from your Zong Master Number.
- You can also perform these tasks:
- Know what your MBB Number is
- Check Balance of Zong MBB Number
- Check Internet Resources of Zong MBB Number
- Transfer balance from Zong master number to Zong MBB number
- Recharge Zong MBB number
- Update Master Number
- Customers will receive their MBB device internet usage notifications via SMS on this master number.
- Following Window will appear on clicking “Show my MBB number” button
5) What is Zong MBB Number:
All Zong Mobile Broadband devices comes packed with a special Data only SIM card. This SIM card is called MBB number and is used in the MBB device that the customer purchase. Customer is not allowed to use this SIM in any mobile phone as voice is blocked on this SIM and only internet and SMS/USSD is enabled. The MBB MSISDN will be written on the MBB SIM jacket.
6) Bundles Icons:
From Bundles icons, subscribers can easily activate any MBB package of their choice. System will send SMS for confirmation of bundle activation or deactivation in SMS > inbox:
Message would be received from 6234. This Message will also pop up from bottom right side of the page.
7) Recharge Window:
Customers can enter valid USSD string i.e. *6363#, *101# from recharge box, to get the details and follow the instructions:
For subscribing 6 or 12 Months Bundle type *6363# in the Recharge Text Box and follow the instructions:
8) Zong Online Recharge:
Customers can open web URL of Zong Online recharge services with Zong online recharge button:
9) Zong Wifi Username and Password Hyperlink:
MBB users can open Wifi basic settings menu directly from home page hyperlink and can easily change/add their MBB Wifi device username/password:
10) SMS Menu Info:
- Customers can send / receive text messages, from SMS Menu
- Inbox menu gives you the details of received messages including sender’s number, content, date and time of message received at device
- From new message button, customers can write new message in content box, receiver number needs to mention in recipient box then click on send button.
- SMS settings are predefined in Zong MBB devices, we do not recommended to change
- Subscribers can also select & delete unwanted messages from this menu by selecting a message & clicking on delete button
- Outbox shows messages that are still in process to send or pending message. Users can delete any outbox message from this menu
11) Update Menu Option:
- User can check web interface software updates from update menu.
- It is recommended to let the software updation procedure completed first, if updation is allowed by the customer.
- In case, user restart or power off the device in updation process then it is possible that device would not work properly and needs to visit device Zong (parent customer service center).
This was all about Zong MBB Device Online Web Portal Service, Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below and let us know if you found the aforementioned briefly discussed package / offer helpful and interesting. Be in the know, by simply joining our Cells.pk Community to check what’s trending or to get latest updates related to the topics of your choice.
You can also reach us at [email protected] for queries, suggestions, feedback or even if you want us to cover any topic of your choice – feel free to write to us. You can also follow us on twitter @CellsPK. Stay tuned for more interesting News, Reviews and Updates coming your way!