As we all know that the final beta version for Google’s upcoming OS update called Android O was released last month. According to famous tipster Evan Blass, “Android O release scheduled for the week of 8/21, ‘most likely on the 21st itself”. Moreover, the new Operating System is going to be released with various interesting options such as PiP mode / picture-in-picture, Connect with Wifi without an internet access point, Lock screen shortcuts, Limit background apps and last but not the least an upgraded keyboard navigation option. Let’s discuss the aforementioned features that what actually they are all about:
1.Picture-in-picture / PiP mode:This feature will let users browse content or watch videos while having a chat with someone through a small window overlaid on the active window.
2. Connect with Wifi without an internet access point:This feature will let devices to connect to each other over Wifi without an internet access point.
3. Lock screen shortcuts:This option will allow users to customize the lock screen of their cell phones with more/newly added shortcuts as compared to Android Nougat.
4. Limit Background Apps:Google has included more restrictions and automatic limits to apps running in the background just to improve the overall performance plus battery timing of a cell phone. Restrictions will be in these three main areas:
- Background services
- Implicit Broadcasts
- Location Updates
5. Upgraded Keyboard Navigation:This is what Google says about this feature: “In Android O, we focused on building a more reliable, predictable model for “arrow” and “tab” navigation that aids both developers and end users.” That’s not all, as the company is planning to ship some more awesome features in Android O that includes:
- Support for autofill APIs
- Wide-gamut color displays for applications requiring it
- Fewer notifications bombardments
- Customizable icons
- Support for Latest Java 8 APIs