As we all know that, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has designed Device Identification, Registration and Blocking System (DIRBS) to block or identify smuggled devices/Cell phones. To avoid any inconvenience, PTA has started sending messages (SMS) to all the Cell phone users so that they will be able to verify their devices/handsets as after 20th October 2018 only verified and registered devices will be functional and PTA will block non-registered devices. Hence, mobile users are requested to register their devices/mobile phones latest by 20th October 2018 to avoid any issues related to Smart phone blockage by PTA.
With Zong Uber Offer: Get Exciting Discounts and Free Rides
PTA has already uploaded complete details of all text messages on its website, that you may receive by entering your 15 digit IMEI number. To avoid mobile blocking, all mobile users in Pakistan will need to register their mobile phones with the help of their IMEI number.
PTA DIRBS - Awareness about Device Verification System (Urdu - Video)
IMEI number Check Method:
There are several methods with which you can easily know your mobile phone / device IMEI number. Please find complete details below:
- Dial *#06# to know your device IMEI number
- Check your device IMEI number within the phone. Open Settings > About Phone > Status > IMEI Number
- IMEI number iPhone: Open Settings > General > About
- IMEI number is also printed on your mobile phone box/device. You can easily check your IMEI number mentioned at the back of your device.
- To know your device IMEI number, you will need to remove back-cover of your device. There you can find device IMEI number (This option is only compatible with removable battery devices)
After receiving your 15 digit IMEI code, you are now eligible to check, whether your device is registered and verified or not. There are 3 different methods (Android Application, Website or SMS) to check, if your mobile phone is registered or not. Here are the details:
- DIRBS SMS Method: To check through SMS method, all you need to do is simply Go to > Write Message Option > Type 15 digits IMEI number > Send it to 8484
- DIRBS Website Method: Log onto https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/ then enter your device IMEI number > Click Check button
- DIRBS Android Application Method: Install Device Verification System (DVS) DIRBS Pakistan > Open the Application > Enter 15 digits device IMEI number
After entering IMEI number, you will then receive one of the following messages:
- Device IMEI is Valid. Insert SIM and make a call/SMS to anyone on or before 20/10/18 date for auto registration
- Device IMEI is non-compliant. Please insert all your SIMs in this device and use them before 20/10/18 to continue using this device
- IMEI is compliant
- Device IMEI is blocked. Reported stolen in the message
Please check explanation of the aforementioned messages in the table given below:
|Text Message||Explanation||Action Required|
|Device IMEI is Valid. Insert SIM and make a call/SMS to anyone on or before 20/10/18 date for auto registration||This indicated that the IMEI of your device is valid as it is GSMA approved but it’s not PTA compliant. PTA will auto-register all such IMEI numbers that are observed on network latest by 20th October 2018. Their status will be compliant after 20th October||To auto-register all the IMEIs related to this mobile device, it is requested to do any revenue generating activity. For example, make a call, send a SMS or use mobile internet before 20th October, 2018 in order to continue receiving network services. In dual (or more) SIM mobile device(s), revenue generating activity must be made via each SIM slot in order to be auto registered|
|IMEI is compliant||This indicates that the mobile phone is PTA compliant. You can use this mobile device and continue receiving network services without any problems||Mobile phone is genuine and requires no action|
|Device IMEI is blocked and reported stolen||This indicates that IMEI is blocked as this IMEI was reported as stolen earlier||If you are the one who has reported this mobile device as stolen/lost earlier and now you have got it recovered, then contact PTA/CPLC to unblock|
|Device IMEI is non-compliant. Please insert all SIMs in this device and use them before 20/10/18 to continue using this device||This indicates that the mobile device IMEI is either not allocated by GSMA or maybe it is duplicated. To facilitate such customers, PTA will auto pair all such IMEIs which are observed on Network with specific SIMs latest by 20th October 2018. After given date, customers will be able to use these IMEIs with paired SIMs only||To auto pair all IMEIs related to this mobile phone, it is requested to do at-least one revenue generating activity from all SIMs on your name that you want to use i.e. make a call, send a SMS or use mobile internet from your SIM(s) latest by 20th October 2018. In dual (or more) SIM mobile device(s), revenue generating activity must be made using all the SIM slots for the mobile device(s) to be auto-paired|
Text Messages Explanation Table was adopted from PTA (Courtesy PTA). Stay tuned for more news, reviews, offers and updates coming your way.